I’m super excited to be celebrating Here Comes Destructosaurus! with Mr. Schu and #NerdyBookClub today.
Check out Mr. Schu’s interview with illustrator Jeremy Tankard:
Click on Aaron to read his Nerdy Book Club post.
For my portion of today’s trifecta I get to interview Aaron Reynolds. Huzzah, huzzah!
Here are the rules:
1. I give the interviewee 5 questions
2. They have to answer
1 question with 5 sentences
1 question with 4 sentences
1 question with 3 sentences
1 question with 2 sentences
1 question with 1 sentence
3. They get to pick which question which question to answer with each number of sentences
4. Have fun!
1. Can you tell us a little bit about Here Comes Destructosaurus!?
1. Giant monstrous lizards!
2. Temper tantrums!
3. Giant chickens!
4. Dinosaur hugs!
What’s not to love? (5 sentences)
2. What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
No boss. (1 sentence)
3. What’s the hardest thing about being a writer?
You work alone, so you tend to be really insecure. It’s easy to always wonder if you’re the only one that thinks your story is hilarious. In the end, you have to shut out the self-doubt and negative voices and just trust yourself. But that’s very hard. (4 sentences)
4. If you could spend one day inside the world of any book which book would you pick?
James and the Giant Peach. I always dreamed of eating that peach and riding through the seagull-filled sky with Centipede and Old Green Grasshopper. (2 sentences)
5. What advice do you have for the young writers in my classroom?
Trust your ideas. Don’t worry about what your friends might think. Be willing to take chances and write the funniest, silliest, craziest, most out-there stuff you want to…it’s risky to do, but it’s also where your very BEST writing lives. (3 sentences)
Thanks for reading, friends!