1. @mentortexts-Likes the good guy to win. Jen-was left heartbroken in both I Want My Hat Back and The Little Good Wolf, becuase they have less than storybook endings.
2. @paulwhankins-Twitter is a better place with Paul. After a brief pause from Twitter, Paul was back and better than ever this weekend. Loved following his thoughts about poetry Sunday morning.
3. @kelleemoye-Knows her books. Gotta love a girl that can hold her own in a Gary Paulsen conversation.
4. @cppotter-Is the nonfiction belle of the ball. After my great Paulsen conversation with Kellee, Cathy jumped in a reminded us of Mr. Paulsen’s talent as a nonfiction writer.
5. @mrschureads-John really is a celebrity. Talk of his SLJ cover came up in many a tweets this weekend with people lining up at the computer for an autographed copy.
6. @michaelascotto-I love that I am reading the same book as Michael (The Book Theif), and that Twitter gave me a chance to chat about it.
7. @frankisibberson-Loves the outdoors…wait I learned that she hates the outdoors. Not really book related, but kind of funny.
8. @jeremybballer-Is a name to remember in Michigan literacy. I picture Jeremy and myself traveling Michigan like the Blues Brothers helping one school at a time getting kids excited about reading and writing.
9. @cbethm-Is a saint for keeping #titletalk archives. Can’t imagine not having this valuable resource to look back on.
10. @donalynbooks-I believe that what is said in a DM should stay in a DM, but this is my one exception. Donalyn tweeted to me that she was “just a teacher”. She did say that being a teacher includes a lot…but come on Doanlyn. You are so much more than a teacher. You are a rock star! I still can’t believe I talked with her on the phone last week. She is so nice (unless you give her daughter a mindless worksheet to complete).
I learned a lot. I wish that I could include tweets and pics, but my computer battery only has a couple of minutes left, and my charger in at school:(
I hope everyone else learned as much on Twitter as I did.
FYI-no proofreading has gone into the publication of this post. NO TIME!
I LOVE TWITTER!